Breastfeeding has many benefits to both mom and baby. The Lactation Center at UofL Hospital’s Center for Women & Infants is designed to help new mothers and their babies overcome any difficulties with breastfeeding.
This service is available at no charge to ALL breastfeeding mothers in the community.
The Lactation Center at UofL Hospital’s Center for Women & Infants suggests breastfeeding for the incredible benefits to mothers and babies:
- Human milk is for human babies
- Your breast milk is designed for YOUR baby
- Nothing to prepare
- Breastfed babies are healthier (prevent illness, ear infections, etc.)
- The poop of a breastfed baby has no odor
- Passive immunity (what you are immune to will pass to your baby)
- Prevent childhood obesity
- Bonding with your baby
- Your uterus returns to a pre-pregnant size more quickly; and breastfeeding burns more calories so you can lose baby weight faster
- Save money – nothing to buy
Our Lactation Center staff members are all International Board Certified Lactation Consultants. They have more than 50 years of combined lactation experience. They also have extensive neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) experience. For breastfeeding information or lactation assistance, call 502-562-6081.